Make Easy Instant Pot Gluten Free Pasta
I said “amen!” aloud the opposite day once I saw a meme about how this seems like tons of days during a row to cook dinner.
It kinda does…
I Love cooking, Love fun cooking projects within the kitchen, and I’m also feeling a touch bit like “again!?” a day when dinnertime rolls around. So…I’ve been striking a touch of a balance between “wow! I’ve got time to form something that takes a touch longer–fun!” and “….what am i able to make that takes basically no effort/time/brainpower?”
This Instant Pot gluten-free pasta is ideal for the other . It takes minimal effort to place together, and therefore the is pasta perfectly cooked with none watching the stove or expecting water to boil. Also, it seems that cooking everything together in a moment Pot does something magic to the sauce. It’s velvety smooth and therefore the flavors intensify in a tremendous way.
Basically, this Instant Pot gluten-free pasta is your new busy night or “too tired to cook” night ally . Here’s all you would like to urge started…
HERE’S WHAT you would like for fast POT PASTA WITH SAUSAGE & SAUCE
GROUND SAUSAGE (OR NOT!). i prefer to use a touch little bit of Italian or ground sausage to flavor the pasta. a touch goes an extended way since it’s already well-seasoned. Pork, chicken, or turkey sausage all work. (If you’d rather use hamburger , turkey, or chicken, see the FAQ!) you’ll also easily leave the sausage out for a vegan option!
GLUTEN-FREE RICE PENNE OR ROTINI. i exploit this method for gluten-free rotini (spirals, sometimes sold as fusilli) or gluten-free penne (tube shapes). The timing of this recipe is supposed for gluten-free rice pasta. Corn, rice, or quinoa-based pasta will cook at different times, as will different shapes, so keep that in mind if you propose to use something else.
A JAR OF MARINARA SAUCE. you’ll keep things simple with a jar of your favorite marinara sauce. i actually like this one, this one, or this one.
WATER. to assist cook the pasta, I add some water, which gets absorbed during cooking. (Seriously–it’s magic!)
EXTRAS: FRESH BASIL, SPINACH, OR CHEESE. Then, you’ll garnish this any way you wish . Sprinkle with fresh basil, stir in some fresh spinach, or cover with shredded cheese–your choice!
FAQ + TIPS & TRICKS FOR PERFECT INSTANT POT GLUTEN-FREE PASTA:
WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO i want for fast POT PASTA? I even have the 6-Quart size and like it . It’s been perfect for everything from dried beans, to steel-cut oats, to big batches of chili and more.
MY FAVORITE GLUTEN-FREE PASTA + SAUCE. Again, we use rice gluten-free pasta for this recipe. My favorite is Jovial brand, and my second favorite is Tinkyada. They’re great quality and have great texture. For sauce, i prefer trying to find something without added sugar, like Rao’s, DeLallo, or Thrive Market brand.
DIFFERENT PASTA SHAPES COOK for various TIMES! This Instant Pot gluten-free pasta recipe is supposed to be used with rotini or penne–pasta varieties that typically cook 11-13 minutes on the stovetop. If you’re employing a different quite pasta or a shape with a special cook time, you’ll got to play with the timing.
WANT A VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN VERSION? Just skip the sausage! You’ll still use an equivalent ratios of pasta, sauce, and water. once I make meatless Instant Pot Gluten Free Pasta, i prefer adding spinach for a few extra oomph.
IF you employ hamburger OR TURKEY rather than SAUSAGE. If you’d rather use ground meat than ground sausage, feel free! You’ll still saute it at the start , but you’ll want to catch up on the shortage of spices. i like to recommend adding during a little oregano and garlic, or some Italian seasoning.
HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE, START-TO-FINISH? You’ll brown the sausage for 5-7 minutes. Then, the pasta will take about 10 minutes to return to pressure, 8 minutes to cook, and a couple of minutes to quick-release the steam, so 20 minutes for the pasta.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY DINNER IDEAS? YOU MIGHT LIKE…
instant pot gluten free pasta with sausage
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz ground sausage (pork, chicken, or turkey)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (24oz) jar marinara sauce or 3 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 12 oz gluten-free brown rice rotini or penne pasta (like Jovial or Tinkyada)
- Optional spinach or basil, to garnish.
- Press SAUTE button on Instant Pot.
- Add olive oil and sausage and cook on SAUTE mode 5-7 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through. (If desired, drain any excess fat.)
- Pour in 1 cup of the water and stir, using your spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in marinara sauce and stir to combine well.
- Add pasta and push down gently, to tuck the noodles into the sauce.
- Pour the remaining cup of water over the top of the pasta, so it’s all covered.
- Secure the lid and double-check that the pressure valve is set to SEALING (not VENTING)
- Press CANCEL to stop SAUTE mode, then Press MANUAL PRESSURE and set the timer for 8 minutes. (It will take the Instant Pot 8-10 minutes to come up to pressure)
- After it’s cooked 8 minutes, carefully quick-release the steam by switching the pressure valved to VENTING.
- When the floater valve has dropped, carefully open the Instant Pot lid and gently stir the pasta
- Feel free to stir in spinach or fresh basil, or sprinkle with cheese.