Let’s Cook The Best Baked Potato Salad
This potato salad is loaded with cheddar , bacon, chives, boiled egg , and a pickle sauce! It’s the right salad to serve at your next BBQ or party.
When the sun comes out and it’s time to urge those tomato plants within the ground, it’s not only gardening season, it’s salad season. Last year we fell crazy with our Instant Pot and also as our Instant Pot salad .
People went crazy then did we. Not only are we crazy with salad , but we love potatoes altogether forms!
- Lightened Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
- Kid Friendly Sweet Potato Bites
- Loaded Cauliflower Potato Soup
- Sweet Potato Tater Tots
- Sweet Potato Hash Cups
- Baked Cheddar Sweet Potato Fritters
We don’t discriminate against any spud at any time, but today the star of the show is that this potato salad. This potato salad is perfectly creamy, crunchy, sweet, and tart all at an equivalent time. Now let’s GO.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED POTATO SALAD
This potato salad is that the perfect combination of a classic salad , loaded baked potatoes, and summertime. This salad is prepared in under 45 minutes and can blow the socks off your BBQ party guests.
STEP 1- COOK POTATOES
First things, first. Cook the potatoes. There are two options when it involves preparing the potatoes with this loaded potato salad.
- Boil the potatoes by cutting the potatoes into 1.5-inch chunks and boil them for about quarter-hour or long enough for the potatoes to be cooked, yet firm.
- Bake the potatoes whole at 425ºF for 45 minutes. make certain to poke many holes within the potatoes before baking them. Remove potatoes from the oven and cut them (carefully) into 1.5-inch chunks. For a full tutorial, follow our baked potatoes in foil recipe.
No matter how the potatoes are cooked, just make certain potatoes are cooked through enough that they’re going to smash easily.
STEP 2- PREPARE LOADED INGREDIENTS
A classic loaded potato is full of cheddar , chives, bacon, and soured cream .
This loaded potato salad has those key ingredients plus hard-boiled eggs and a delicious sauce. Prepare ingredients so as while potatoes are cooking.
- While potatoes are cooking on the stove or within the oven, prepare the bacon within the oven by following this the way to Cook Bacon within the Oven post or cook the bacon your favorite way.
- After potatoes are cooking and bacon is within the oven, chop all other ingredients, mix the sauce, and wait!
Dill Pickle Sauce
We wanted to offer a special plug for the pickle sauce because it’s truly life-changing and truly made better for you!. Think creamy, tangy, and pickle-y at an equivalent time. Here’s what you need:
- Greek yogurt – a healthier sub for sour cream, but option to use sour cream or half and half.
- avocado mayo – a healthier sub for classic mayonnaise.
- lemon juice
- dill pickle juice
- pickles – don’t skimp on the pickles!
- salt and pepper
STEP 4- MIX AND SMASH
The final step to creating this potato salad a reality is to combine , mash, and chill the loaded potato salad. All you’ve got to try to to is place all ingredients for the potato salad during a large bowl and blend well.
I’m sure you’ve noticed in other salad recipes the potatoes are smashed a touch which creates a creamy consistency.
To smash your potatoes, take a wooden spoon and gently massage potatoes into the opposite salad ingredients. Try your best to not completely puree the potatoes.
You want to only tenderize them a touch so a part of “> a part of the potato becomes part of the sauce. Lastly, place salad within the refrigerator and chill for a minimum of half-hour before serving.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE!
BAKED POTATO SALAD
- 1/2 lb cooked bacon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups chopped Idaho potatoes, 1.5-inch cubes (skin on)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
POTATO SALAD SAUCE
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons avocado mayonnaise*
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons dill pickle juice**
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Begin, by cooking bacon by following our How to Cook Bacon in the Oven tutorial. Once cooked, remove any excess grease and then chop into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add potatoes to the pot. Boil until potatoes are cooked, but still firm.
- While potatoes are boiling, mix all ingredients for the potato salad sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done cooking, remove from heat and strain water.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl along with the chopped bacon, hard boiled eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, and chives. Mix well.
- Finally, pour potato salad sauce over the potato mixture and mix until sauce is covering all of the ingredients. Mash the potatoes with a wooden spoon (just a little bit) to create a creamy potato salad consistency.
- Eat immediately or chill in the fridge to eat cold for later.
- *avocado mayonnaise: option to substitute normal mayonnaise.
- ***dill pickle juice: you get this directly from a jar of pickles. If you do not have this, feel free to sub apple cider vinegar.
- Storage: store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.