Cook Instant Pot Beef And Broccoli For A Meal
Make your takeout dreams come true any night of the week with this epic Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli recipe.
This will give your favorite slow cooker beef and broccoli fry recipe a run its money…and time because it’s made with a cook time of just 9 total minutes!
GUYS. I don’t actually skills I made it 8 whole years without one beef and broccoli recipe on FFF. once we were within the Boundary Waters last month, we were talking about what our last meal would be. Mine would 100% be beef and broccoli over and once again .
So we’re finally bringing you the foremost epic, better than slow cooker beef and broccoli…INSTANT POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI. With this recipe, you’ll find that your beef is tender as are often WITHOUT having over-cooked broccoli. How did we make this work?! Well, many trial and error. We tested this recipe 6 times. YES, 6…to get the foremost perfect beef with broccoli on the earth. How did we do it? We’re sharing the secrets below!
STEP 1: TENDERIZE AND SLICE
Time to whip out your meat tenderizer. beefsteak is usually better with a touch tenderization. Lay a bit of parchment paper over your flanks teak and provides her some love. Then, cut her down the great distance and slice her up. attempt to get them as thin as possible.
STEP 2: MAKE BEEF AND BROCCOLI SAUCE
Beef and broccoli sauce is super easy to form . Here’s what you need:
- low-sodium soy or tamari
- hoisin sauce
- minced garlic
- red condiment
STEP 3: SEAR AND COOK BEEF
Turn on the moment Pot’s sauté function, and provides your beef a fast sear, but don’t cook it all the way! Then, pour in your sauce, close and seal the moment Pot, and cook on high for 8 total minutes.
*SECRET* STEP 4: ADD BROCCOLI + COOK FOR 0 MINUTES
Once the timer pops , quickly release the moment Pot and open it up. Add in your broccoli, close, and seal. Cook on high for 0 minutes. Yes, 0 minutes. this may allow your Instant Pot to create pressure then be done cooking once it’s at max pressure.
If you cook it any more than 0 minutes, I promise you, your broccoli are going to be mushy. So? Once that timer pops , open the vent to quick-release immediately!
STEP 5: THICKEN SAUCE
Immediately remove the meat and broccoli from the moment Pot, keeping the sauce at rock bottom of the pot. Add in your cornstarch and whisk off . Then, place the meat and broccoli back to the moment Pot and provides everything a stir.
You should be able to accompany perfectly tender beef and crunchy, yet cooked broccoli, just the way a beef and broccoli fry should taste.
Beef and broccoli fry is traditionally served with white sticky rice, but it’s absolutely delicious with quinoa also. inspect another nummy fry and Instant Pot recipes you would possibly like, too:
INSTANT POT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lbs flank steak
- 8 cups broccoli florets, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup low sodium cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red chili sauce (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- First, create the sauce by mixing together soy , hoisin, minced garlic, and red condiment . Set aside.
- Next, place beefsteak out on a chopping board and canopy with parchment paper. Use a meat tenderizer to tenderize the beefsteak . Pound all sides of the beefsteak for 1-2 minutes and until it's 1/2 inch thick.
- Then, slice your beefsteak in half (hot dog way) and cut each half into thin strips.
- Turn on the moment Pot’s saute function and add vegetable oil to the pot. When vegetable oil is fragrant, add beefsteak and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, close up Instant Pot. Add sauce to the beefsteak . Mix well and canopy Instant Pot.
- Turn the pressure valve to seal and cook meat on high for 8 minutes.
- Quick release pressure and uncover Instant Pot. Then, place broccoli on top of the beefsteak .
- Place lid back on the moment Pot, turn pressure valve to seal, and set the timer ‘0’ minutes. The pressure will build and beep when it reaches full pressure. this is often once you quick release.
- Remove lid and take away beef and broccoli from the moment Pot, leaving the sauce. Add cornstarch to sauce and whisk.
- Add beef and broccoli back to the moment Pot and blend so all ingredients are coated with sauce.
- Serve with quinoa or rice.